Life On Two Wheels

Along the river and toward the mountains a morning shadow shimmers across the road. The rays of the first light jet through the trees and across a figure gliding upon the road. His breath trails in short spurts, petrified as it hits the icy air. All is quiet except the slight sound of the athlete as he summons himself for yet another days work. Soon the rest of the world will bustle with life as well and the brief simplicity of cyclist and nature will disappear into the everyday struggle of life in full motion; the errands and intervals, the appointments and intersections, and the deadlines and finish lines OutPaceTheRace

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

La route du sud... wie, wie

Girona, ESP
Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Next on the schedule is la route du sud. A race very much suited to my strengths with plenty of climbing, and not much of anything else. Since Catalunya I've been counting the days until this race, but then the catastrophe of the Basque Country occurred... leaving me calculating the time in which it'll take me to recover against the time until the race. At once (1.5 days), it seems that the Bronchitis is very much still alive, the infection is gone but the mucus remains and makes awful & most regrettable attempts to strangle me as I endeavor to press on the pedals.

By the way... if you don't like what I've gotta say, then move on. 'cause odds are that the feeling's mutual. If you say something I don't like, then I, acting as, Comentario suprimido, will utter as follows:

"El administrador del blog ha eliminado esta entrada."

Keep your negative analysis, your superior thoughts, & your credentials to yourself. If you want to read it then read it, if you want to revise it, spit on it, or ridicule it then move on.