Life On Two Wheels

Along the river and toward the mountains a morning shadow shimmers across the road. The rays of the first light jet through the trees and across a figure gliding upon the road. His breath trails in short spurts, petrified as it hits the icy air. All is quiet except the slight sound of the athlete as he summons himself for yet another days work. Soon the rest of the world will bustle with life as well and the brief simplicity of cyclist and nature will disappear into the everyday struggle of life in full motion; the errands and intervals, the appointments and intersections, and the deadlines and finish lines OutPaceTheRace

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Local Race- Mason Lake, WA

Mason Lake, WA
March 18, 2006

I went to my first local race of the year & it was an amazing situation. I've definately got faster since last year. I've never been able to cover attacks and set tempo like that before. Today it was almost effortless compared with how it's been in the past.
For the first half of the race there were a bunch of attacks- I think I covered all of them. Then in the second half a break got away and me and my former teammate, David Richter who races pro for Monex now, took turns setting tempo. It was funny because people would try to attack and swarm us out of the chase, but we kept on rolling and no one got more than 35 meters on us. It was pretty fun and a very good training race, tomorrow is another race so hopefully I'll feel like I did today.