Life On Two Wheels

Along the river and toward the mountains a morning shadow shimmers across the road. The rays of the first light jet through the trees and across a figure gliding upon the road. His breath trails in short spurts, petrified as it hits the icy air. All is quiet except the slight sound of the athlete as he summons himself for yet another days work. Soon the rest of the world will bustle with life as well and the brief simplicity of cyclist and nature will disappear into the everyday struggle of life in full motion; the errands and intervals, the appointments and intersections, and the deadlines and finish lines OutPaceTheRace

Friday, October 06, 2006

Operation PHANTOM

Gerona, ESP
Friday, October 06, 2006

Life's so harsh sometimes. I sit here with my hat in my hand, hoping to suddenly see an e-mail from Sta Travel giving me my departure dates, yet to my dismay I'm stranded here in Gerona for days to come. Well maybe not, but the length of each day becomes much longer when you're waiting for each one to be over.
Today was definitely the most wasted day of all, throughout the entire day I wasn't sure if I was leaving in the afternoon or not, so I had to stay home by my computer to make sure the "mysterious plane" didn't leave without me. I guess it didn't since I haven't got so much as a reply to my pleads for a swift departure now that I've been held up here for the last week waiting for what turned out to be the "phantom operation."